Sunday, September 4, 2011

the cat's outta the bag


so that crazy dress i wanted to show you? the reason i was making it has been put on hold. hence, i don't find myself liable to keep the dress a secret anymore. plus the fact that it's difficult to sit in the same room as this thing without wanting to show someone


it's far from finished (clearly, there's not even a zipper or anything haha)
but here's the progress i've made so far after a solid 2 days of working on it and about 24 yards of fabric.
...i also think i've lost my mind.


4 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful Kristina. I'm glad I found your blog. And congrats on April's post of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness girl! This is lovely! Did you ever finish it? I love how you laid the lace on the back. I'm curious what the front looks like. I can only imagine how much agony you went through making this haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i moved right after i made this and had to pack it, so it didn't get finished and i'm still trying to figure out how to get the wrinkles out :/ the front is a underlayer (that's not a word but i don't know what to call it haha) has a sweetheart neckline and the lace continues up to the neck. it's based off of this! http://media1.onsugar.com/files/2011/07/27/4/192/1922398/42b04b1ab5fc71eb_118409671_10.preview/i/Emma-Watson-Wears-Oscar-de-la-Renta-London-Premiere-Harry-Potter.jpg

      Delete
    2. ^ew that spaced itself out weirdly

      Delete